Saturday, December 14, 2013

Flagpolers - Demo July 2012


Bandcamp
Facebook

Hook-laden and propulsive Punk from Vancouver BC is the order of the day here. These lads are angry, young and poor and all they can do to alleviate the pain and suffering of living through another day of misery is to therapeutically hammer out these tales of woe. I don't really find myself listening to stuff like this all that often, but when it's played with this much heart and passion, I can't help but bang my head. Over the years, the sound these guys are creating has been called many things. Pop Punk, Beard Punk, Gruff, Melodic Hardcore... Whatever you want to label it, Flagpolers are doing it well. If you have ever found yourself enjoying the sounds of Leatherface, Hot Water Music, 88 Fingers Louie or even Small Brown Bike, I don't see why you wouldn't like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment