Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cabin Fire - Things Are Worse Than Ever


Bandcamp Link
Facebook Link
Purchase From Driftwood Records

Fresno, California... Yeah, I could go on and on about how I think it might be the 7th level of hell and all that. I have been there numerous times due to the fact I dated a girl who lived there for awhile. I found that city to hold little to no redeeming value. I don't want to talk shit about anybody's hometown though, so, I will just say this... I can completely understand why every Cabin Fire song sounds so pissed and desperate. For a two-piece, these gents sure do make a lot of racket. These two new songs are following along the same path they have been creating for awhile now. Fast, faster, fastest until the bottom drops out and the death knell crushes you like a 10-ton industrial press. Reversal of Man and Combatwoundedveteran are worthy reference points as well as more modern bands like Holiness Church of the Valley and Caust. The lyrics are cryptic and to the point, usually dealing with inner turmoils, societal ills and the stark reality of a future with no hope. These songs are raw, honest and very worthy of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment