Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Brighter Arrows - Division And What It Is To Abide EP


Bandcamp Link
Facebook Link
Tumblr Link


Yes please!!! Brighter Arrows are from the Midwest. I could sense it in these songs even before I knew that fact. I am reminded of everything I loved about living in Wisconsin in the 90's. This isn't a blatant rip-off, just some friends creating sounds that they love and paying tribute to possibly the best era of Emo-Hardcore ever. I am gratefully reminded of The Hated, Braid, early Sense Field, Texas Is The Reason and the more I listen, something akin to Bob Tilton. There are some points throughout where the songs build to a fever pitch and just burst at the seams with aggression. Though, most of the time, this is just beautiful, melodic Indie influenced Post-Punkish Emo. This is the best thing I have heard in ages and I can't wait to hear what they do next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment