Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Plagues - Self-Titled EP


Bandcamp Link (Download)
Facebook Link

    Straight out of  Southern California we have Plagues and their Powerviolence bombast!! Think Look Back And Laugh, think Crossed Out, think Infest, think Suppression. These songs can be faster than a grind tornado until they aren't and they slow to a crawling dirge. The lyrics are scathing indictments of our fucked up system and the fucked up sheep that follow it blindly. I don't think I need to sell anyone on Powerviolence. It is sort of a niche genre and if you are a fan of any powerviolence bands, you will probably be a fan of this. I don't find myself listening to this style all that much these days, but, when a band like Plagues comes along and completely decimates my ear drums with their non-stop barrage of raging riffs and caustic vocals, I can't help but slam to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment