Thursday, August 4, 2011

John Cota & Ten Thousand Leagues - Split 10"

Download

Picked this beautiful Green 10" up at the John Cota/Panthalassa/Carrion Cathartid show at Black Lodge last night. The men in John Cota are some of the nicest fellas I have met in ages. Totally easy going and fun to talk to. This record represents a perfect pairing of two bands that belong on vinyl together. John Cota from the Bay Area and Ten Thousand Leagues from Los Angeles compliment each other quite well on this record. Both bands are playing pissed and driving Screamo Hardcore with bite. The easy comparisons would be Neil Perry and Saetia but I also get the feeling both bands are influenced by some of the more Twinkly stuff out there like Snowing or Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate). There is a wonderful, dark gruffness to these songs that just drills right in to my chest and tears my heart out. Also, the drummer from John Cota is named Max and he is one of the sickest drummers I have seen in a long time. Totally awe-inspiring. Buy this record from Radical Friends Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment