Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rorschach - 'Protestant' LP & 'Remain Sedate' LP


Remain Sedate / Protestant

This reissue is all around amazing.  Double LP gatefold featuring both albums the band released with all the lyrics printed on the inside.  If you are a fan and don't have the originals and don't feel like draining your bank account on EBay, this is your best bet.   Rorschach were a powerhouse Hardcore band from Paramus, New Jersey.  They existed from the late eighties until 1993.  I don't quite know how to explain their sound.  Part raging Hardcore Punk, part slow, lumbering sonic dirge.  I guess some people classify that as Power Violence, but, truth be told, I have always hated that descriptor.  I always thought they sounded like Die Kreuzen or even The Accused.  Total metallic Hardcore Bludgeoning!!!  The only thing I know is whenever I put them on the stereo I feel like my chest is caving in.  That is a good thing.  They got back together recently for some reunion shows on the East Coast.  I heard they were still uncompromisingly brutal in their delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment