Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Formula Helps Retain

I was adopted at 3 days old by a very strange and loving couple. They weren't rocket scientists or poets laureate or brain surgeons. They were just your typical, strong working class Midwesterners. They did their best to give me everything they could. I wasn't always the easiest child to deal with and lord knows I certainly wasn't anything short of a nightmare as I got older, but my mother loved me unconditionally and she instilled in me a plethora of invaluable life lessons which have made me the man I am today. Kindness, compassion and keeping your family & friends close have been rules that I have lived by my entire life. Denise Lorraine McCubbin succumbed to ALS at 55 and passed away in 2008 just 3 days shy of Mother's Day. There isn't a day goes by that I don't shed a tear in her memory and wish I could have just one more drink with her, one more smoke with her, one more hug, one more laugh... I miss you Mom. I can't wait to see you on the other side. I'll bring the schnapps.

No comments:

Post a Comment