Saturday, November 8, 2014

Strays - S/T EP


Bandcamp
Facebook

     I thought this blog was dead. I haven't posted anything here for months, one of my longest inactive streaks ever. Leave it to my insanely talented friend Ben to get me back in the mood to fawn over another one of his awesome bands!!! Ben used to play in Sleepless, whom I have written about a couple times before. They became one of my absolute favorite Emo/Post-Hardcore bands almost instantly after hearing them for the first time a couple years ago. This post isn't about my love for Sleepless, this is about the Hard Rockin' juggernaut that is Strays. For a two-piece, the sound here is very full, building off some seriously scuzzed-out, balls-to-the-wall, revved-up Rock with instantly recognizable Post-Hardcore leanings. These Ontarians have created a Bluesy, gritty, Punk as fuck masterpiece that will have fans of bands like Panthers, Black Flag, Thin Lizzy, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Trapdoor Fucking Exit, JR Ewing, Malkovich & Stolen Bikes Ride Faster slamming around their rooms with wild abandon. While it is unfortunate that Sleepless is dead, I am so glad Ben is still rocking his ass off and having fun playing what makes him happy. Strays make me wish I had long hard so I could achieve the true hessian headbang to these songs. If you like your Punk with heavy doses of ROCK, you will not be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment