Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012 Year-End Round-Up!!!!!!


2012 has been an outstanding year for D.I.Y. Punk and Hardcore. So outstanding in fact, I have been hesitant to compile my "best of" list because bands have continued to release amazing, life-changing records all the way up until right now. Literally. The Callow EP came out today and already it has blown most other releases of the year out of the water. I was going to stick with the typical top-ten collection, but, as you can see from below, I just couldn't narrow it down. Anyway, every one of these bands has had a very deep and profound effect on my psyche, my mood and my general outlook over the last year. I can't thank them enough.

By the way, these records are in no particular order. Each and every one of them means as much to me as the next.


Murmurs


The Tidal Sleep
 Birds In Row

 We Were Skeletons

Departures


Indian Taker

    Old Gray

Converge

 The Casket Lottery

 Animal Faces

 Title Fight

 Callow

 Forgetters

Lara Korona

Rookie Town


There you go, everyone. If 2012 has been any indication, 2013 is going to be one hell of a year!!

Love you all!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment