Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Most Sad - ...And We Spoke Of Disorder EP


Bandcamp Link
Facebook Link
       ...And the winner for the most Emo band name ever is...

The Most Sad, from Concord, California!!!!


     These songs are completely naked, freezing, cold and alone on the bathroom floor.

     There seems to be little to no "Wave" influence here, which I totally appreciate. What these men are creating is just raw, honest Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Emo like the grandfathers of the genre have played it. The vocals bombard from so many different angles with that spoken/sung/screamed concoction that gets me in the gut every time. I love the forlorn lyrical content. These songs feel hopelessly damaged and weathered and lost in love and heartbreak that, when I listen to them, I can feel the 16 year old me getting choked up and weeping over that one that got away.

Now, I am going to buck convention and forgo any sort of comparisons here. The only thing I am going to say is this... The way I feel when I listen to these songs is the same way I felt when I first heard On The Might Of Princes, I Hate Myself and Yaphet Kotto. Goosebumps and a swelling heart and tears of joy are de rigueur when bands can and do create these sorts of spastic, heartfelt soundscapes.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, no "Wave" influences? The first bands that came to mind while listening were Touché Amoré and Pianos Become the Teeth. Because of that, I turned it off immediately of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all hear what we want to hear. If that was your first impression, I feel sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete