Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Panthalassa - Demo 2011


Bandcamp Link

Panthalassa were from Seattle. Some say they are dead. I would never say such a thing. There is hope here, that a band as stellar and agressive and full of passion could and would never play dead.
The guys in Panthalassa are friends of mine and I miss their extremely personal and passionate take on "Real Screamo." They have played it as harsh and chaotic as the luminaries of the genre. Think Orchid, Saetia, Wolves, Suis La Lune... The list could go on and on. I would add Panthalassa to that list without batting an eye. I know a couple of the men in Panthalassa are working on something new as I type this. Their vocalist Sean assures me it is going to be heavier and darker than anything Panthalassa ever wrote... I am waiting with bated breath to hear what they unleash upon us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment