Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zombie Fight - Alive And Well EP


Bandcamp Link
Facebook Link
Band Website

     Alright. O.K. I got a review request from this band a couple days ago. It has taken me that long just to decide whether or not to review this as I always worry about receiving review requests for records that I might end up speaking ill of. It isn't generally in my nature to dump on bands that are out there playing shows, sweating, bleeding, trying, living for their music. I am sure the guys in Zombie Fight are super nice. They all look very friendly. Their Facebook page lists a number of bands as influences that I love and hold very dear to my heart. I am sure we would get along great. The thing is, I just don't like a lot of straight-ahead Hardcore like this. It is definitely NYHC, which makes sense as that is where Zombie Fight calls home. The songs are interesting enough and competently played. There is some compelling Guitar work happening here and there. I am reminded of modern bands like Ceremony and maybe something like Fucked Up. The lyrics are certainly above par for this style as well. I especially enjoy the lyrics to the song 'Who The Hell Are The Joneses'. It's just that, I rarely hear bands like this that actually move me anymore. It has been years since I listened to stuff like Agnostic Front or Sick Of It All or Judge. I think I hear a bit of all those bands here. I don't have anything negative to say about these guys. I just wish I had more to say at all. This is angry Hardcore for boys who may or may not carry chips on their shoulders and who enjoy the act of windmilling and picking up change off the dance floor. I am sure you could even two-step to this, though, I don't really know what that means... If I was in the crowd watching Zombie Fight on stage, I would do my best to start an old school circle pit. That seems more appropriate than the kick boxing shit the kids are STILL doing. All in all, this is a fine EP for the style. If you like your Hardcore tough, confrontational and angst-ridden, you should definitely check this out.

1 comment:

  1. I have a review request, these guys: http://outernational.bandcamp.com/

    ReplyDelete