Thursday, March 29, 2012

Walter & Perry - Different Strokes For Different Folks


Bandcamp Link
Facebook Link


I can't get it out of my head!!! These songs are just so infectious it isn't even funny. Walter & Perry have refined and perfected the Indie inflected Screamo sound. This is going to be a huge part of my summer soundtrack. Try envisioning Doug Martsch from Built To Spill drunk out of his mind, rocking out to Duck, Little Brother, Duck and Victor! Fix The Sun. Unfortunately, I don't think they are playing anymore, or at the very least, they are on hiatus, which is a definite tragedy for our Seattle scene. In their time though, they did manage to play some amazing shows with the likes of Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate), Caravels, the Reptilian and Innards. I could definitely recommend this for fans of Snowing, 1994!, Joie De Vivre and Count Your Lucky Stars Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment