Monday, October 25, 2010

Envy-'Recitation' LP


Download

I don't have a lot of time before I head off to work.  I just wanted to post this because the record is still pretty new.  Envy, from Japan are what I would call the dictionary definition of EPIC, screamy Post-Hardcore.  They began life (almost 20 years ago!!) as a rather standard Screamo band but have since turned into another beautiful beast altogether.  Their compositions have expanded to include these awe inspiring dips and weaves and crashing crescendos.  I have described them to my customers at Sonic Boom Records as sounding like Explosions In The Sky with pained screamed vocals accentuating the beautiful melodies.   I saw them last weekend at El Corazon here in Seattle and they brought tears to my eyes.  One of the most consistantly exciting bands making some of the freshest sounds around.  Again, if you like Explosions In The Sky or Mogwai but always wished they had added some chaotically screamed catharsis over the top of it all, well, Envy is just what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment