Sunday, October 31, 2010

Braid-'The Age Of Octeen' LP


Download
Facebook

Still one of my favorite albums of all time.  Braid make me proud to be from the Midwest.  I don't know if there is anything more Emo than this record.  If you are familiar with bands such as Cap'n Jazz, Boys Life or Christie Front Drive, you have to know who these sensitive boys are.  They were definitely a Punk band, first and foremost.  Though they relied on cryptic, poetic lyrics and a jangly duel guitar attack more than anger and blind sloganeering.  I only ever got the chance to see them one time, but, it was a show I will never forget.  Backpacks and sweater vests were everywhere!!!  I would have loved it if Braid had been the band to make it big instead of shit like Jimmy Eat World or Weezer.  These guys were so much more heartfelt in their delivery than any of that other "Emo" quackery.  I can't say enough good things about this record!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment